‘Placard’ WordPress Website Theme
Placard is a bold, bright colorful professional or business theme that is somewhat inspired by the Windows 8 desktop.
It is GPL licensed, responsive, has two columns, a right sidebar, both vertical and horizontal menus, and fluid sheet width. It uses a bold Google font combination to complement the bold design and will provide a consistent appearance regardless what fonts the viewer has installed on their computer.
- Heading 4 has been formatted in white text specifically for use in colored blocks and backgrounds.
- The smaller colored blocks at the bottom of the main page are additional cells that can be used or removed as needed. (IMPORTANT: Be sure to copy and paste the page as is in a text file before doing any of the following in case you need to restore, or be sure ‘revision saving’ is turned on in the WordPress dashboard.)
- To make changes to rows, cells and cell content, go to ‘Text View’:
- Paste new or additional text after the line – <div class=”art-layout-cell layout-item-3″ style=”width: 25%;”> (The numerical entries can differ depending on the formatting of the cells and rows, but the line text is basically the same.)
- Change the quantity of rows by adding or deleting sections as below, being sure to change the numerical entries depending on the number and size of the cells (i.e. for two cells of equal size in a row, enter: <div class=”art-layout-cell layout-item-3″ style=”width: 50%;”>. The ’3′ indicates the number of the layout item (i.e. cell) and the percentage is the size of the cell in relation to the row (i.e. 25% would signify 1/4 width and would allow for 4 cells in the row.
<div class=”art-layout-cell layout-item-3″ style=”width: 25%;”>
<h4>What We Do</h4>
<div style=”width: 100%;”><img style=”width: 100%; max-width: 360px;” alt=”an image” src=”http://emptynestthemes.emptynestheritage.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/neravaren-07.jpg” /></div>
<li><a href=”#”>Volutpat augue nunc.</a></li>
<li><a href=”#”>Ipsum a eget ut vel.</a></li>
<li><a href=”#”>Pretium leo vitae.</a></li>
<li><a href=”#”>Eget magna aliquam.</a></li>
- This is for the first page of excerpts and posts. All additional static pages and blog pages are formatted automatically as set by the theme.
Placard features a bold, bright rainbow pallet of colors including varying shades of blue, green, orange, purple, pink, gold, black, white.
DOWNLOAD LINK (.zip files):
A single page clipboard of screenshots for all my recent theme designs can be viewed here. This is an ideal tool for helping you select the best theme.
This theme was designed using Artisteer 4.
7 Responses to ‘Placard’ WordPress Website Theme
Leave a Reply
Modify or customize a theme, convert a theme to another basic site or CMS, or start from scratch on your own? Are you not fluent in code? I create themes using Artisteer 4 software - very simple and user friendly. If you would like the original design file, just email me using the sidebar link, provide your email, and I will forward the file to you at no charge.